Sometimes I think about how much I could achieve in my life if I cancelled my Netflix subscription. But life is short and tv shows are too damn good, so here’s a breakdown of my favourite shows right now…
If theres one thing this year you NEED to watch (and I mean NEED) It’s How To Get Away With Murder. Annalise Keating is a defense attorney and a boss bitch on every fabulous level. As law professor at Middleton University in Philadelphia, she begins working on a case with a group of kids from her class. Cue a whole load of unbelievable drama and prepare to loose weeks of your life. If you like lots of bitchy one liners and a bucket full of sass, this is for you.
I’m all about the lawyer shows recently, which might be because I’ve run out of The Good Wife Episodes, but they are just so good! Damages, just like How To Get Away with Murder, shows you the ending in the first episode and builds the story towards it. Basically, a young lawyer gets a job at her dream firm (with Cruella de Ville) and gets a little too far in over her head. It’s a tad complicated for light watching and sometimes I get a little bit lost as to whats going on but it’s still gripping stuff.
I’ve watched this 1million times over but I’ve started at season 1 again recently just for fun. If you haven’t heard of this is a competition for Drag Queen’s and the best contouring lesson of your life, all rolled into one. It’s fun, entertaining, lighthearted and a must watch, you’ll be laughing forever.
I’m a huge, HUGE fan of Alfred Hitchcock which is why I started watching Bates Motel, as it’s the prequel to the Psycho movie. I’m only about 5 episodes in but a lots gone down and it’s full of classic Hitchcock suspense. The only bad thing is that it’s set in modern day so it’s hard to relate it to the movie but that doesn’t get it the way of it being entertaining.
Starting your day right is a good way to stay positive, productive and focused. Good vibes people! So here’s a little list of ideas to get you moving in the right direction. I’m not saying I stick to these all the time because you know what, life happens! But I certainly notice a difference when I do. So…
- Eat breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day and it gives you energy to do all those fabulous things you have planned. However it’s good to choose food you love eating… forcing down a bowl of soggy bran flakes is not a good start.
- Read! Engaging things that your interested in or that inspire you. If you have a long commute to work, there really is no excuse!
- Catch up. Finish all the little things you didn’t have time to do yesterday. Whether that’s replying to emails, messages or whatever else. It’s good to feel accomplished early in the morning.
- Take your time. Rushing out of the house in 10 minutes is not going to put you in a good mood and chances are you’ll forget things too. It’s far less stressful to get a good nights sleep, wake up early and take your time getting ready for the day.
- Exercise! The last thing you want to do in the morning but a good way to feel really energised. I’m not suggesting a 10mile run but just a short workout that gets your heart pumping. You could also do something like yoga or pilates for a more relaxing start. It’s nice to get it over with too, rather than working a full day and having to find the energy later!
- Set a nice alarm tone. Who wants to wake up to the sound of a nuclear fire alarm? NO ONE.
- Get motivational! Read some good quotes and get inspired. It’s always beneficial to feel positive and there are so many twitter/instagram accounts you can follow for this.
- Be nice to other people. Being mindful towards other people means everyone will have a better morning, not just you.
If you liked these tips or have any advice of your own please leave a comment below! Would love to hear your ideas.
Before I found this coat, I had been binge watching ‘The Sopranos’ for quite a while. If there’s one person I love from that show it’s Johnny Sack and if you watch it, you’ll know he has a pretty killer camel coat.
Now this coat is not Johnny Sack status but it’s cool enough for me (a small town, non mobster gal). Since the day I found it I haven’t taken it off and I probably never will.