Starting your day right is a good way to stay positive, productive and focused. Good vibes people! So here’s a little list of ideas to get you moving in the right direction. I’m not saying I stick to these all the time because you know what, life happens! But I certainly notice a difference when I do. So…
- Eat breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day and it gives you energy to do all those fabulous things you have planned. However it’s good to choose food you love eating… forcing down a bowl of soggy bran flakes is not a good start.
- Read! Engaging things that your interested in or that inspire you. If you have a long commute to work, there really is no excuse!
- Catch up. Finish all the little things you didn’t have time to do yesterday. Whether that’s replying to emails, messages or whatever else. It’s good to feel accomplished early in the morning.
- Take your time. Rushing out of the house in 10 minutes is not going to put you in a good mood and chances are you’ll forget things too. It’s far less stressful to get a good nights sleep, wake up early and take your time getting ready for the day.
- Exercise! The last thing you want to do in the morning but a good way to feel really energised. I’m not suggesting a 10mile run but just a short workout that gets your heart pumping. You could also do something like yoga or pilates for a more relaxing start. It’s nice to get it over with too, rather than working a full day and having to find the energy later!
- Set a nice alarm tone. Who wants to wake up to the sound of a nuclear fire alarm? NO ONE.
- Get motivational! Read some good quotes and get inspired. It’s always beneficial to feel positive and there are so many twitter/instagram accounts you can follow for this.
- Be nice to other people. Being mindful towards other people means everyone will have a better morning, not just you.
If you liked these tips or have any advice of your own please leave a comment below! Would love to hear your ideas.