I thought this post would be a piece of cake, but it actually took me some time to think about the things that I’ve learnt in life so far. 24 may not sound old but that’s still a fair bit of living I’ve got down and I wanted to share some pearls of wisdom that have helped me thus far.
- Be authentic. Don’t be a sheep and do what everyone else is doing because in the long run, it’s not going to make you happy. Just listen to yourself and follow your own journey.
- Not everything will turn out exactly how you want/planned. This does not mean you should be disappointed though, you never know what’s around the corner.
- Stay positive. This is the one thing that will change your life, satisfaction guaranteed.
- Remember that nothing is for free but that hard work always pays off.
- Wear things that make you feel good and get rid of things that don’t. Holding on to tiny clothes that don’t fit your fabulous body will only make you feel bad and no one should feel like that.
- Let go. Enjoy yourself and stop worrying, life is good and it’s to be enjoyed!
- Eat the damn cake! There is always time to indulge and cake will always be one of those times.
- Follow your instinct and don’t always take the sensible option. I’ve quit my job, worn ridiculous clothes, said wild things and followed my heart. Hasn’t failed me yet.
- Don’t take any bullshit. Ever. Rude, bitchy, negative people are exactly who you need to avoid and ignore. Like bye Felicia.
- Ru Paul is life, because IF YOU CAN’T LOVE YOURSELF, HOW IN THE HELL YOU GONNA LOVE SOMEBODY ELSE??
- If you didn’t get the last reference and you haven’t watch Ru Paul’s Drag Race yet, then your not living life right.
- Make an effort for the people that you love. It’s easy to take people for granted, or to fall out of touch but if people mean a lot to you, you should show them. My family is really important to me and the older I get the more I realise that it’s me who needs to be making an effort and planning stuff with them.
- Work hard, play hard. Life is a balance, it’s a little bit of everything that makes it exciting.
- Treat yourself. When you’ve worked hard, achieved big things or just really need some chocolate.
- Ask for help. You’d be surprised how lovely, generous and talented other people can be with their time.
- SAY YES. Don’t waste opportunities and take every challenge, it makes you grow and it opens doors.
- Think about what you want. I follow the secret, which I’m not pushing on you here, but visualising your goals and knowing where you want to be gives purpose to what your doing.
- Fall in love. It’s actually really fun and it’s good for your soul.
- Look after your feet. I’ve already failed at this which is why I now realise how important it is, the ghost of bunions future will thank ya.
- Invest in good clothes and look after them. A wardrobe full of quick fixes will only last you one season and maybe even one wash. Investing in good, classic pieces means you’ll always have something to wear.
- Be generous. With your time, love, advice, friendship and food.
- Never give up. Never, ever, ever. If you have a dream, you freakin’ get up and you get it.
- Have fun! Everyday.
- Always remember that it doesn’t matter what other people think about you. It’s what you think about you that counts.
I hope you enjoyed reading these and as always, if there is anything you’d like to share leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear your thoughts x
There is nothing I love more than a mini bag. It’s the one thing that encourages you to throw out all those receipts, downsize your credit cards and live a shoulder pain free life. So in light of my fondness I though I would select a few of my favourites this season for your shopping pleasure. I feel like a mini bag is also the perfect opportunity to add some colour and some crazy to your wardrobe in a little dose. So don’t be shy with your choices.
Hey everyone. So sales are pretty much ending now but I’ve been so busy recently, I haven’t had much time to share my purchases. The Mango sale was incredible though and there are still some really lovely pieces online. I first got this little bag which has been my favourite recent purchase. It’s not real leather which I normally avoid but I loved the style so much I bypassed my rule. I then went into town with my mum to buy clothes for her holiday and I ended up buying these stripy trousers. I love them! The glasses unfortunately were not sale but they are super cool and completely affordable, so justified. I’ve paired them with a long tunic here as I felt like a crop top would be too obvious and I like how relaxed it looks. Let me know if you’ve made any good sale purchases and make sure to catch up with my last post featuring Swag and Tassel. Happy Weekend!
SUNGLASSES // MANGO
TOP // M&S COLLECTION
BELT // VINTAGE
TROUSER // MANGO SALE (similar here)
SHOES // ZARA
BAG // MANGO SALE